Fire protection glazing is prescribed to meet structural fire protection requirements in the German model building code and/or regional building codes. It is used to prevent fire spreading from one fire compartment to another. In addition, it protects escape routes and staircases from fire and smoke, to ensure a safe exit from buildings in the event of a fire.
Fire protection glass is also prescribed in the case of structures abutting property lines and where there is not much space between buildings. Fire protection glass can be used vertically and horizontally.
Fire protection glass from Arnold Glas offers the following benefits:
- High light transmission
- High airborne sound insulation
- Low weight and thin panes above all for higher fire classes like F(EI) 60 and 90
- No splintering in the area to be protected
- Can be combined with a lot of special glazing types (sun protection, laminated safety glass, alarm glass, radiation shielding glass, decorative glass, Vienna-style glazing bars, lead glazing etc.)
- Absolutely UV-resistant without additional measures
- Large sized panes possible
- Best heat protection for insulating glass (Ug-value up to 0.5 W/m²K)
- Safety ensured through the use of single-pane or laminated safety glass in the manufacture of the fire protection glass